Another Site Download..

Posted by Daeity On Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Looks like Blizzard is doing yet another archive of the entire site. :)

Daeity told me to expect this. Every once in a while, I'll see almost a thousand hits from 216.148.0.72 (Blizzard) viewing every single page in under 0.05 seconds each.

Typically, there's normal monitoring of certain posts, but every once in a while they'll use (what I assume) is a webpage downloader app to capture the full blog, check it for leaks, keep a record, give it to their lawyers, who knows. All of the exit links are captured as well, which is why I assume it's automated.

I thought you guys might be interested in knowing this sort of stuff, since no one else really writes about it.. although, I assume it happens elsewhere. Superegatory, for example, received MANY visits from Take Two for example during the GTA V resume discovery. :)

They're still doing the pull right now and they'll capture this post last.

(If you're reading this, check out this post here. It's a satire about Diablo 3 X1, but you might be able to pull some real ideas from it for your next expansion pack.)